1) What should I do to increase load in my premises?
Ans. You have to approach the ward offices of the Customer Care Departments and submit a prescribed requisition form. You will be permitted to use additional power after meeting of compliances like Test Report, deposit & installation of higher capacity meter if required by BEST.
2) How can I improve power factor?
Ans. The power factor can be improved by installing capacitors. You have to approach a authorized Licensed Electrical Contractor to carry out the work of Capacitor installation.
3) What is a Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL)?
Ans. It is a special lamp, which delivers more lumen output at less watts. Compared to ordinary tungsten filament lamps for the same wattage. Example: 11 watts CFL is equivalent to 60 watts ordinary Tungsten Filament lamp.
4) Will CFL reduce my electric bill?
Ans. Yes, because for the same illumination level less wattage CFL can be used.
5) Is it necessary to install earth leakage circuit Breakers (ELCB)?
Ans. Earth leakage circuit breakers, are circuit breakers which trip at very small leakage currents from defective appliances. ELCB is necessary to protect us from electric shocks. It is mandatory for all 3 phase loads & loads above 5 kW.
6) What safety precautions should be taken to avoid accidents?
Ans. Check wiring of your premises, if it is deteriorated get it replaced by authorized Licensed Electrical Contractors only.
Electric meter room should be waterproof and well ventilated. All appliances should be properly grounded.
ELCB’S should be provided on the wiring installation.
7) What is the minimum space required for establishing a sub-station?
Ans. The minimum standard requirements of space for establishing a sub-station is space of 8 meters by 5 meters, approximately 40 square meters.
8) To whom the BEST Undertaking has awarded contract for display of advertisement on street lighting poles in old city limits of Mumbai?
Ans. The earlier contract, which was placed with M/s Rakesh Advertising Pvt Ltd is expired on 31.3.2019.
The new tender for awarding contract for advertising on BEST street lighting poles is being advertised on 21.6.2019.
9) What is the period of kiosk affixing on street lighting pole contract?
Ans. The new tender is being advertised on 21.6.2019 for contract for a period of 5 years.
10) How many street light poles are granted to the kiosk affixing on street lighting poles contract?
Ans. Total Nos. of poles granted to the kiosk affixing on street lighting poles are 30,984 excluding JJ Flyover, Senapati Bapat Bridge,
Tulsi Pipe Bridge, Love Grove Bridge, Sion Flyover, Wadala Truck Terminal Rd and all the gardens and playgrounds are granted to the kiosk contractor.
11) Why the JJ flyover, Senapati Bapat Bridge, Tulsi Pipe Bridge, Love Grove Bridge, Sion Flyover Bridge are excluded from kiosk contract?
Ans. The above stated bridges kiosk contract has been awarded by MSRDC.
12) To whom to contact in case of any display of Kiosk complaint?
Ans. In case of any display of Kiosk complaint, you may contact either at BES&T Undertaking, DCESL office, Sewree. Contact No.022- 24101793 (Charge Engr., Deputy Engr., & Supdt. Engr.)
You may register your complaint Undertaking system complaint register No. 022-22843939.
You may contact to M/s. Rakesh Advertising Pvt. Ltd.
On their Contact No. 022-40631100. Email :